My take on life,Education,Marriages,Parenthood, Language Teaching,Soft Skills Training,Movies,Travel and Defense Studies.
Columist in Meghalaya Gaurdian- an Indian daily, contributor in Fauji India monthly magazine and www.budingstar.com
Sunday, 8 September 2019
What do you know about Lord Ganesha?
Test Your Memory about Lord Ganesha
These days I have been writing a few blogs about Lord Ganesha and the legends associated with his birth and life. If you have read them you will find this an easy task.
1. I discussed the names of three Hindu scriptures which describe the legends revolving around Lord Ganesha's birth in my previous blogs. Name them.
2. This animal is seen circling the big belly of Lord Ganesha and is definitely known as the Guardian of worldly treasures. Name the animal.
3. Which plant leaves are not offered to Lord Ganesha in the Prathisthapana Puja along with the Prasadam: basil, coriander or neem ?
4. The cute little Mushak carrying Lord Ganesha is seen as a (a) cartoon (b)friend (c) bandicoot
5. Some say he was the elder brother of Lord Ganesha while some others say he was the younger one. Name him and the animal that carries him.
6. Although Lord Ganesha is known as the Lord of Knowledge, he carries some weapons in his hand. Name them.
7. Everyone knows about Lord Ganesha's love for food. But there was one King who had to witness the sight of him eating the whole amount of food prepared for his long list of guests. Name the King.
8. In some parts of the country, Bhadrapad Tritiya,a day prior to Lord Ganesha's arrival is celebrated by keeping a fast by the women for the Goddess Parvati. Name the occasion.
9. For some of his followers, Lord Ganesha is married to these two daughters of king Prajapati. Name them.
10. Lord Ganesha is worshiped by many all over the world. But there is one temple in Mumbai which denies entry to lovers, living-in couples and couples who are yet to be married from entering its premises. Name the temple.
If you answered all the questions correctly,you can treat yourself to delicious Modaks from Chtiale Misthan Bhandar or Kaka Halwai
If you missed a few,you can go back to my blogs and read them and then treat yourself with Modaks.